Linggo, Abril 7, 2013

The Death of Rick Warren's Son


I could not believe reading the news about the death of Rick Warren's son. He is a great man of God and I was surprised knowing that he has been struggling with his son's illness for so long. Even though I do not know the Warren family personally, I feel affected by their misery. Their "misfortune" reminds me of reality of pain in this life. Life is really short and unstable. If there is one lesson I cannot forget from this sad event, I think it is the fact that no level of greatness in the ministry can make a person exempted from the ugly realities of life. This truth reminds me of the need for empathy and not to be judgmental of others. Somehow, it comforts me in my misery knowing that all of us are vulnerable to the pains of life. Such vulnerability leads us to appreciate more the beauty and richness of God's grace and to aspire for a better life with God where there is no pain and misery.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento